The National Sustainability in Business Conference will be held in Brisbane from the 23-24 March 2017.
Mr Scott Losee, Director at Losee Consulting Pty Ltd joins us this month to discuss ‘Sustainability Lite? Has Business Lost Touch with the “True Meaning” of Sustainability?’
This presentation offers an unapologetic critique of mainstream business sustainability based on a re-examination of its original intent, juxtaposing this with examples of current practice and branding. The focus is on prominent and recognisable businesses, products and services that appear to not live up to these original intentions, or their own marketing claims. It begins to formulate some approaches to reorienting business sustainability, so that the best of business (innovation, efficiency, coordination, responsiveness, value creation and sharing) can be brought to bear on humanity’s existential challenges.
2017 Conference Topics Include:
- Renewable Energy Systems and Sources – Biofuel, Biomass, Hydrogen & Fuel Cells, Hydropower, Solar Energy, Geothermal Energy, Wave Energy, Tidal energy, Energy Storage and Wind Power. This can also include energy transformation from renewable energy system to grid.
- Think Local First – development of the local economy and community, urban agriculture, Buy Local.
- Innovative Business Opportunities – Incubators, Start Ups, Venture Capital / Entrepreneurs.
- The Energy Market – Regulators, Wholesale and Supply Chain, Retailers, Consumer Demand, Carbon trading, Emissions.
- Trends, Policies and Strategies – current and emerging trends, technologies, research, government policies and industry initiatives within the environmental and sustainability sector
- Financial Impact – social and environmental risk, industry development, operational and managerial impact, market risk and opportunity, stakeholder issues
- Innovation – energy transition, application and feasibility, social and economic change, research & development opportunities
For more information on the 2017 National Sustainability in Business Conference and to secure your spot today, please visit the conference website.