The National Sustainability in Business Conference will be held in Brisbane from the 23-24 March 2017.
Adj Prof David Hood AM, Chairman, Long Future Foundation and Adjunct Professor, Science and Engineering Faculty, QUT joins us this month to discuss ‘Responding to Global Warming.’
It’s all about risk. Would you cross a bridge if the design engineer told you that you only had a 66% chance of getting to the other side? Would you board on aircraft if the aeronautical engineer said that ‘I only design aircraft with a 66% chance of them arriving at their destination? No? Neither would I. We engineers design and build to ensure as near as humanly possible that there will be no catastrophe. Why then are politicians and business leaders accepting a 66% chance that the world’s climate will be survivable by mid-century? We must declare a climate emergency now, and act as if we are at war. We owe it to our grandchildren.
2017 Conference Topics Include:
- Renewable Energy Systems and Sources – Biofuel, Biomass, Hydrogen & Fuel Cells, Hydropower, Solar Energy, Geothermal Energy, Wave Energy, Tidal energy, Energy Storage and Wind Power. This can also include energy transformation from renewable energy system to grid.
- Think Local First – development of the local economy and community, urban agriculture, Buy Local.
- Innovative Business Opportunities – Incubators, Start Ups, Venture Capital / Entrepreneurs.
- The Energy Market – Regulators, Wholesale and Supply Chain, Retailers, Consumer Demand, Carbon trading, Emissions.
- Trends, Policies and Strategies – current and emerging trends, technologies, research, government policies and industry initiatives within the environmental and sustainability sector
- Financial Impact – social and environmental risk, industry development, operational and managerial impact, market risk and opportunity, stakeholder issues
- Innovation – energy transition, application and feasibility, social and economic change, research & development opportunities
Click here to download the conference program.
For more information on the 2017 National Sustainability in Business Conference and to secure your spot today, please visit the conference website.